KYKS.freeforums.org

Group created in 2002 to share life!
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to kyks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Check in Wednesday 9/30
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Here it is Wednesday once again. Time to check in and tell us what is going on in your world.

Can you believe this is the last day of September. Life just seems to be flying by.

As you all know I went to see the 9/11 Memorial yesterday. I went to the gym on Monday morning for my silver sneakers class and a woman I have gone to the gym with for many years asked me if I would like to go to NYC to see the Memorial with her. I originally said no but they changed my mind. She had bought 2 tickets for her and her husband. Unfortunately her husband had back surgery in May an it has been acting up for the last week or so and he didn't feel comfortable riding in a bus to NYC and back. So yesterday morning I met Lois at the local YMCA and off to NYC we went. We were half an hour late leaving as we were waiting on a passenger to show up. Funny thing she was already on the bus. So we arrived at the Memorial about half and hour late which threw the timing for the rest of the day off. The Memorial was wonderful. So fitting as a memorial for those who died on 9/11/2001. I did take some pictures and will post them on my blog later today if I can get to the desktop computer this afternoon. Bob seeks to take it over every afternoon. So Lois and I head upstairs to go to the rest room and see a film. After the film we walk downstairs and for some reason she decides to walk out side to see the pools. We walk around the pools and that is a really moving experience with all the names of the deceased etched on the rim of the 2 pools. People put roses in the cracks and there were many British flags in the cracks also. Unfortunately once you walk outside of the museum building you cannot get back inside so we missed the museum that is on the lower floor of the building. Lois and I walked down the street towards where we were to meet the bus and found a mall where we could go to the restroom and then spent a little time walking around the mall before heading back to where we were to meet the bus. We were suppose to have 2 hours in Times Square but because of getting a late start and then the heavy traffic from Ground Zero to Times Square we only had about 45 minutes. We decided not to get out of the bus as my right foot was hurting and her knee an shoulder were bothering her. Now I wish I had at least walked into the square and taken a few pictures. Anyway we left NYC with some pretty light traffic and headed to a restaurant in Bordentown, NJ. Had a wonderful meal there and headed home. It was a very nice day. All the passengers on the bus were very nice. I am so glad I went as I don't believe I will ever have a chance to see the 9/11 Memorial again.

Post subject: Re: Check in Wednesday 9/30
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:22 am 
Site Admin

Oh Iris, what a wonderful visit. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go. I can't wait to see your pictures. :)

As for me, I am taking care of Otey. Today is our anniversary. I can't believe it's been 15 years already. It just doesn't seem like it's been that long. This is not the first marriage for either of us and I consider myself lucky to have found such a wonderful guy "the second time around". He told me this morning I am getting an award - a purple heart for "putting up with him for 15 years". Sigh. I really am happy I found him. :)

Take care y'all.
Love, hugs & prayers,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Cathryn, Happy Anniversary to you and Otey.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:15 am 
Site Admin

I posted pictures of my trip to the 9/11 Memorial on my blog.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:53 pm 

Cathryn, happy anniversary to you and Otey.

Iris sound like it was a great day and enjoyed looking at your pictures.

Nothing happening today just did some grocery shopping. Tonight it is really going to get cold.

Marl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:39 am 

Iris, glad you got to go on your day trip and enjoyed it.
Happy Anniversary Cathryn. Wishing both of you many more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:24 pm 

Iris, what great pictures. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go with Lois. If it was just a day bus trip, why don't you plan a day and just go by yourself, or take Bob. I'm sure the bus lines have scheduled dates they go. At least they do here; scheduled different places on different days throughout the spring/summer/fall.

Cathryn, belated happy anniversary wishes!! I'm so glad you found your perfect partner "second time around".

Nothing new and exciting happening with me. Had a doctors appointment on Wednesday. I think my GP was ticked off that when I went to emerg back in the spring I opted for a different hospital rather than local. She referred me to this heart doctor that I went to on Wednesday and they did the same tests I had back in the spring and are there on my file. I don't know why my GP would do that expect to keep me local. She hasn't acted the same towards me since that emerg visit in the spring. Anyway, this heart doctor said my tests showed my heart was strong but my blood pressure was high. She changed my BP medication saying sometimes the body doesn't respond to a medication after taking it for years. I have to go back to her in 3 weeks so she can check my BP again to see if this medication is keeping the BP down. I told her my GP checks my BP and keeps telling me it's normal. She recommended me purchasing a BP machine and to check my own BP and if it goes above a certain level to take 2 tablets of the medication that day instead of one. I went to the drug store yesterday because they have "20% off Thursdays" for seniors. Of course they didn't have the one I wanted in stock!! I will go again next Thursday because they told me they will make note of the UPC code and make sure it gets put on their next order from the warehouse which will be arriving on Tuesday.

Besides a dentist appointment for a cleaning, that's about it for my week.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:08 pm 

Patricia, I know it is hard to get another doctor now but wish you could get a better doctor. If she does not like where you had gone for the emerg too bad for her..

Marl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:15 pm 

Iris,
Thank you for posting your pictures on your blog of the 9/11 Memorial. I really enjoyed looking at them. I haven't been to NYC for a while....at least 5 years, and I refused to go to "ground zero" on my previous trips. But, after seeing your pictures and reading your blog, I think now I would like to see the Memorial.
Nan in PA