KYKS.freeforums.org

Group created in 2002 to share life!
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to kyks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Checkin Wednesday 4/26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:55 am 
Site Admin

OK Stitchers! Stand up and be counted! What's happening in your life right now????? We want to know! :D

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Checkin Wednesday 4/26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 am 
Site Admin

Good Morning. Hope you all are doing well on this damp, foggy day here in PA.

Nothing much going on here. I am going to my monthly stitch group at the LNS this morning. I am taking a Christmas ornament to stitch. This is the last ornament I have to stitch for gifts this year. Now to sit down and actually finish them into ornaments. Not my favorite job.

My sister and 2 of her daughters are coming down on Friday and they and my other sister and I are going out to lunch. Other than that there is really nothing going on in my lfie.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:04 am 

Today's a slow day compared to the last two. I had the grand girls all day due to illness in the family and mom having to work.
Yesterday was a "lovely" ay as I had my finger closed in the door of my dd's car - so glad she didn't try to drive away! :shock:
Will be working on Christmas ornaments today.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 am 
Site Admin

Nothing much here. Need groceries, but I don't feel up to it. Otey has a doctor appointment today. I think I am going to take a nap because this is one of my groggy days. I need oxygen.

Hope your Wednesday is great!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 am 

Now that the major tax deadline is behind us, I have a little more time to stitch. I am off today and plan to have lunch with two of my sorority sisters. We are planning a Preakness party for May 20th. I have started the new Redbird Design, Texas Impressions. I plan to put it on a tote bag for a gift. one of my sisters in my sorority chapter stated that she would love for me to stitch her some bluebonnets on a tote bag if I was ever her secret sisters. Well, she is my secret sister this year and we have revealing at our next meeting, May 7. I am determined to finish this by then, wish me luck. I found a cute canvas tote, I plan to attach it to.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:46 am 

Patricia and I are planning to get together today - we may even stitch a bit :lol:
I have not been getting a lot accomplished lately . I seem to be spinning wheels lately but getting no where !

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:59 pm 

Very nice Joyce and I am sure you will finish it on time as you are a fast stitcher.

Today I had to go and get the ultra-sound for my heart and tomorrow I see the chiropractor.

Marl

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:13 am 

Well, I am 2 days late in posting. Nothing much happening. I finally got my taxes done using TurboTax last Saturday but have yet to mail out the check to the State. Really got slammed by the state this year but got a refund already from federal. Now I have to file amended returns to both because of something I left out. Oh well!

The only thing I have coming up is one of my granddaughter's birthday in May. They are having the party at this place that has huge blow up slides & bouncy houses all inside. The kids love it! She is my youngest granddaughter & is turning 4. Other than that, nothing much planned. David & I do want to go out to dinner at a nice restaurant probably this weekend. We never do that because it's so expensive but the tax refund will pay for it.

The weather here has been very spring-like. We have our air conditioner running off & on during the day. I freeze but David likes the house cold so I just bundle up. Today I am going to my weekly Coffee & Cards Meetup. We meet at a Starbucks, have coffee & make 2 cards. The woman that runs it is a Stampin' Up representative. It's a really nice group & gets me out of the house. I also joined a knitting/crochet/craft group from our neighborhood intranet. Several neighborhoods are hooked up so we can send each other emails & let each other know of robberies, breakins, lost pets, etc. So some of the women started a craft group on Wednesdays. I joined & the first meeting is May 10th. Should be fun.

I'll try to be better at posting from now on. I hope everyone is in good health & enjoying spring weather.

Kathy

Report this post