KYKS.freeforums.org

Group created in 2002 to share life!
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to kyks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Greetings from San Andreas, California--It's not my fault
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:13 am 

A few days ago I saw the Doodle from the February newsletter (finished stitching) and tried to track down Blei Ladie Designs and eventually found Blueladie.

Cross-stitch Maynia group is having a February Freebie binge so LOTS of freebies are being displayed. I really liked what I now know is the Valentine Doodle. :)

I'm in northern California, USA. I've been doing counted cross-stitch for over 50 years, thanks to the inclusion of a DMC Encyclopedia of Needlework in the original holdings of the nearest Carnegie Library when I was a teenager. For the past 5 years I've been primarily working out of SABLE stash.

I have some of my needlework up on flickr https:[email protected]/

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Greetings from San Andreas, California--It's not my faul
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to the group. I am one of the co-owners along with Cathryn (who is the designer of the group). Glad to have you aboard and so glad to hear you like Cathryn's designs.

I have been cross stitching forever and thanks to joining this group I have expanded way beyond the kits I use to do exclusively. I love stitching anything Christmas and I am sure you will get tired of seeing all the Christmas stuff I do.

Welcome and I hope to see you posting and getting to know you.

When you get a chance would you private message me and let me know what your first name is. We like to wish members a Happy Birthday on their birthday and I like to use their first name rather than their board name. Thank you.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for your post. I LOVE your sense of humor. :lol:
I enjoyed looking at your flickr account. some nice stitching there.
Thanks for joining us. :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:06 pm 

Hi, welcome to the group. My name is Patricia and I'm in Ontario Canada. I've been stitching for a very long time I really can't remember when I started. Probably somewhere in the '80's. Like Iris, I like to stitch Christmas. I can't keep up with Iris in the number of ornaments she gets done over the course of a year, but I do manage to get a few done. Right now I've just started a stocking that's called "Decorating The Dog House" and it's Snoopy decorating his tree and house. My grown son likes Snoopy so I'm hoping to get this done for him for next Christmas.

I checked out you Flickr and you have some very interesting pieces there.

A link to my photo album is in my signature line so feel free to have a look. I'm behind updating my 2016 album so there are a lot of finishes missing from there.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:57 pm 

Welcome to the group Hibrida. I am Marl and live not too far away from Patricia. I have been cross-stitching for a very long time as I started on the stamped one and taught myself to do the counted cross-stitch.

You have some beautiful pieces in your album.

Marl

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:01 pm 

Welcome to the group! I have been stitching for over 20 years. I developed chronic lower back pain so I needed an activity that wasn't too hard on my back without going stir-crazy. Hence my discovery of needlework of all kinds. Now I find myself stitching at least an hour or more a day. Your stitching projects are wonderful.

Report this post