KYKS.freeforums.org

Group created in 2002 to share life!
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to kyks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Check in Wednesday 4/19
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:49 am 
Site Admin

What is your current project? What is your worst UFO? What is stopping your from finishing your worst UFO? Are there any pictures of your current (WIP)? UFO? Where?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Check in Wednesday 4/19
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:25 am 
Site Admin

I have been having all sorts of problems getting to this site the last few days. I wrote a response to check in Wednesday earlier submitted it and got kicked off the site.

I went out to breakfast with a bunch of friends this morning. Had a nice time, we hadn't gone out since February. After lunch I have some errands to run and then I have to go to my sisters to help her update her Verizon.net e-mail to AOL. Verizon bought out AOL and now they are switching the e-mail accounts over to AOL. Why oh why do companies keep making these changes?

I hope to be finished stitching The Button Tree in the next couple of days. I have posted a WIP picture of Map of Scotland on my blog if you want to look. I also started what I hope will be the last Christmas ornament I need to stitch for this year. Notice I said that "I need to stitch".

Have a good Wednesday.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:34 pm 

Iris wrote:
What is your current project? What is your worst UFO? What is stopping your from finishing your worst UFO? Are there any pictures of your current (WIP)? UFO? Where?

I'm currently working on the Palko SAL - the last part should be out at the end of the month. I'm also working on Christmas ornaments from Lizzie Kate's Tiny Tiding XXI.
As for my worst UFO, I'd have to say the ABC Sampler by Little House. I've just about given up on it. I don't have the floss called for and tried to match it up with DMC which was pretty disastrous on the first house plus the fabric I'm using isn't looking so good with the houses. I've got A-E done and have four other houses that I will probably sell to try and recoup the loss. :(
Another UFO is Dawn Chorus. I skipped 2 lines on one of the trees and now I have to skip two lines on every tree. I can work with that though.
Lastly is Firefly. I thought I was working on 16 count and it ends up its 14 so I'm way off and had to redo lots of it. I can still work with it it's also on dark brown fabric so... :|

Frustrating - which is why they sit in a drawer. ;)

Here's a pic of my current projects...

Attachments:
a.jpg
a.jpg [ 97.93 KiB | Viewed 176 times ]
Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm 

Iris wrote:
I have been having all sorts of problems getting to this site the last few days. I wrote a response to check in Wednesday earlier submitted it and got kicked off the site.

I went out to breakfast with a bunch of friends this morning. Had a nice time, we hadn't gone out since February. After lunch I have some errands to run and then I have to go to my sisters to help her update her Verizon.net e-mail to AOL. Verizon bought out AOL and now they are switching the e-mail accounts over to AOL. Why oh why do companies keep making these changes?

I hope to be finished stitching The Button Tree in the next couple of days. I have posted a WIP picture of Map of Scotland on my blog if you want to look. I also started what I hope will be the last Christmas ornament I need to stitch for this year. Notice I said that "I need to stitch".

Have a good Wednesday.

Not only did they buy out AOL but are either trying to or did buy Yahoo too.

Pam B.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 pm 

Iris wrote:

Still working at the Thomas Kinkade one I started over a year ago. I guess it's my worst UFO because it has lots of color changes and blended stitches (the 2 colors in one needle type) that need anchored under other stitches instead of being able to do the loop thing I normally do to start a strand. No pics right now. Haven't had time or the mojo for stitching lately let alone taking pics. Life has taken over!!!! AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH! LOL LOL LOL

Pam B.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 pm 

I have finished Cathryn's April chart - He is risen.

This week has been very busy for me as I had to have my bone scan done on Monday, Tuesday had the stress test, today I was out with my brother and did not get home until 8:00 p.m. Thursday I have to go to the chiropractor and Friday I have to do an ultra-sound for my neck.

Marl

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 pm 

Donna, your picture is beautiful and I want to do that one from Palko SAL (my brother wants it done in blues so have to figure out what colours to use), and your little snowman is cute.

Marl

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:12 am 

Iris - I have had trouble getting into the site the last day or so as well .
Yesterday I managed to get in once but could not post to everything .

Glad it is not just me as I was wondering what was wrong with the computer now :lol:

I do not seem to be accomplishing much lately . Need to kick myself in the rear and get moving :oops:

Report this post